Dental Mouth Guard
Mouthguards are used to protect your lips, teeth, tongue and jaw from injuries.
Mouthguards can be used to in the following cases:
- To protect your mouth during sports or other recreational activities
- To protect orthodontic gear, such as braces, and prevent injury or equipment damage
- To prevent damage from grinding or bruxism
- To protect fragile bridge work
There are two types of mouthguards available to you:
- Pre-made, stock mouthguards are available quickly, but can be bulky and may not fit right, causing difficulties for the wearer.
- Custom-made mouthguards are personalized for you by your dentist and are made to fit your mouth. To get a custom-made mouthguard, your dentist gets an impression of your teeth that is used to mold your new mouthguard. You may even be able to leave in one appointment with your own personalized mouthguard.
If you are in need of a mouthguard, please feel free to contact our office and make an appointment today!